Problems with my 2000 Kia Sportage, running poorly, feels like it jumps when first...

Hope

...starting out? My Kia shakes and when I'm at a completely stop or if im shifting from 1st gear to 2nd all the way to 4th gear, not fifth, it like takes a while for it to get going and its a very bumpy, jumping feeling, like it doesn't go right away. I just got the spark plugs changed, none of my warning lights are on, what could this be so i can give suggestions when i bring it in? Also, when i press my brakes SOMETIMES it squeaks, what do i need to change, brake pads? Any help would be appreciated, I can't get rid of the vehicle, i don't have the money so I need to fix it, and its getting really frusterating. Thank you. Also, when its just parked and running it'll shake and feel like it wants to jump or something, like something is moving in the engine?? I don't know..

deadhead7676

What it sounds like is since your skipping gears when you shift the engine boggs down. The symptoms you describe are exactly what an engine does when it boggs down. YOu don't need to repair anything you just need to make sure your using all of your gears or that you are going fast enough to use the gear your in. Most brake pads on the from have a piece on metal that scrapes the rotor to let you know your pads are getting thin it could be this or it could just simply be dust and dirt traped between your pad and rotor

77Impala

Rookie
Check that the plug wires are all on securely. If one wire is not connected properly then the symptoms you described will happen.
And yes have the bake pads checked real soon. The sooner the better if it is in need of new pads.

77Impala

Rookie
Check that the plug wires are all on securely. If one wire is not connected properly then the symptoms you described will happen.
And yes have the bake pads checked real soon. The sooner the better if it is in need of new pads.

kegwa

Re: Problems with my 2000 Kia Sportage, running poorly, feels like it jumps when firs

+1..I encountered same problem before and I did this as well.