Starting 1999 Chevy Express 1500 Van

Good Morning;

I am JT Parker. Living in Ayden, North Carolina.

I have a 1999, Chevy 1500, Express Van that does not start. The last time I had a problem simililar to this current situation; turned out to be the Anti-Theft system being engaged.

Is there any test that can be performed to help me determine exactly where the problem may be? I am attempting this repair as a DIY.

Thank you,

JT Parker

AutoXpert

Administrator
Good Morning;

I am JT Parker. Living in Ayden, North Carolina.

I have a 1999, Chevy 1500, Express Van that does not start. The last time I had a problem simililar to this current situation; turned out to be the Anti-Theft system being engaged.

Is there any test that can be performed to help me determine exactly where the problem may be? I am attempting this repair as a DIY.

Thank you,

JT Parker

What have you checked so far? When you turn the key to the ON position, do you see all the lights turn on? Is the van TRYING to start?

Action Taken: When I turn the ingition on, the normal startup procedures are okay, all of the instrument panel lights come on as they always have.

Observation: However, when the ingition is engaged, the starter continues to turn, but the engine appears to not be getting fuel.

I tried using gasoline starting fluid, but it does not ignite the engine either.

Observation: I was driving along, and came to a traffic stop sign. When I proceded about fifty feet from the sign, the engine died as if the vehicle was out of fuel, but the fuel tank was more than half full.

Action Not Taken: I did not check the fuel pump though to see if it was operating.

Thank you for the reply to my message.

Sincerely,

J.T. Parker