The oil pressure light comes on in my 98 Chrysler Concorde.?

Elvis T

It only happens while I'm stopped at a light or sign and I've only noticed it within minutes of coming off the interstate, which I travel each day at interstate speed. If I press on the gas while the oil light is on, it goes off. The car has enough oil. In fact, it is registering higher than it usually does on the dip stick.

Jeffery H K

All cars burn a little oil, and all cars leak a little gasoline into the oil. If you are gaining oil, you are probably leaking more gas past the cylinder rings into the oil faster than it is burning off. If it's very thin and runny before you start the car and it's really cold out it is being thinned out by gasoline. Thin oil has less resistance pumping through the engine, so the pressure is less and the light may come on when it is not pumping hard, like at stoplights. Of course this is not really good for it.

Other guesses might be worn parts like bearings. Bigger gaps allow the oil to leak out of the pressure system more, resulting in a lower pressure.

This is all just a guess based on what you told us.
A mechanic would replace the sensor with a temporary gage so he could see exactly what was happening and give better advice

J

"/ J()€

Im not sure but it might be the Oil pressure/sending unit failing intermittently...

Pedro S

change oul every 3000 miles... use heaver oil.....if u use 5 w30 go to 10 w 30...if u use 10w30 go to 20w40....sound like ur engine /oil pump is worn..

Pedro S

change oul every 3000 miles... use heaver oil.....if u use 5 w30 go to 10 w 30...if u use 10w30 go to 20w40....sound like ur engine /oil pump is worn..