Thoughts on 2007-8 Hyundai Santa Fe, Veracruz?

HeavyD

I would like to hear from owners of these 2 cars, preferably those equipped with AWD. What do you like and dislike about the cars, and what kind of mileage do you get under "real world" conditions?

tstcbunny

I love both of these, but I like the santa fe better just because I do not need a bigger SUV. I also love the hidden storage compartment in the Santa fe. But I think that the Veracruze is quieter when you are driving it. For the size of the vehicle and the size of the engines I think that they both get great gas mileage compared to most others. But either one is a steal with all of their standard feathers and the standard airbags! If you dont need a 3rd row, I would say go with a Santa Fe, better gas mileage too!

joesharp

Rookie
I love both of these, but I like the santa fe better just because I do not need a bigger SUV. I also love the hidden storage compartment in the Santa fe. But I think that the Veracruze is quieter when you are driving it. For the size of the vehicle and the size of the engines I think that they both get great gas mileage compared to most others. But either one is a steal with all of their standard feathers and the standard airbags! If you dont need a 3rd row, I would say go with a Santa Fe, better gas mileage too!
have your thoughts changed on these hyundai models over the years? or do you still feel the same?