Triumph Bonneville 750 T140V 1973?

Daddy

Rookie
the 73 was not a good yr, regarding the electrical......but triumph and norton were famous for poor chargeing systems.. don't let this hold you back buying one if it's in decent shape....... they got lots of torque, so 2 up is no problem... brakeing is only fair , vibration is not bad .... I had several english bikes over the yrs. .....bsa and royal enfield were my favorites .......parts for all these are easy to get and prices are reasonable..., a bonnie would be a good choice for a female of a lighter build..... big enough but not bulky , plenty of power but not radical , easy to work on , not hard to start thanks to the amal concentric bowels ( carbs.....hope this helps a little.......Daryl

shmoo

lol i dont know anything about old bikes but ive ridden a yamaha r1 and it felt good!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/core/Slideshow/slideshowContentFrameFragXL.jhtml?xml=/motoring/galleries/motorcycles/yamaha/2006/yzfr1/pixyam.xml&site=arts

Just William

This was the bike to have when I was a teenager. It drew the looks that people today reserve for BMW or Range Rover Sport. Worth having if you want to be different.

Just William

This was the bike to have when I was a teenager. It drew the looks that people today reserve for BMW or Range Rover Sport. Worth having if you want to be different.

Misskitti7 You have found an origional owner of a 73 t140v I am still riding Bonnie on any sunday! Yes i owned several brit bikes and wanted a 67 tt special but no money. Then i did not like 71,72, But when i saw a photo of the new T140V I had to have that bonnie with no less than 100 changes (for the better! Production was 6 mos late and i was there for the first lot to arrive! Oh for joy! March 73 i drove home. 1 of the first 300 made. I still have the warrentee card but i do all my own work, so shes never seen a service dept. For better or worst. No regrets! Out of the box her head light switch didn't work. ( lucas switches ) The replacement as well as all else is still goeing strong for almost 36 yrs now! The stock exhust system was replaced in 74 with a 2 into 1 comming to a "tipped up" muffler on the r-side( stock muflers scraped on hard corners) 2007, TT PIPES W/BAFFELS, Officer, ok, i'v still got the stock ones. Bonnie has ben my "only bike" what would the replacemert be? nothing! at any price! I am allways searching for another 73 but none seem to have ben kept in stock running condition? I could go on and on! What do you want to know about 73 t140v? Theres too much to fit on 1 page.