Waht was the difference of a 1967 Mustang, and the Shelby GT500 1967 Mustang, and...

edsel423

...is it possible to clone it? What exactly was the difference between a normal 1967 Mustang Fastback, and a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 Fastback? I have always wondered. And also, is it possible to buy a Clone kit, or something like that so that you could "Build" your own 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 Fastback?

Uncle Red

Rookie
Well ya know at one time the "shelby's" were not a factory car Carroll put them together at his place.
It will take some hinting and a lot of research on exactly what made a Shelby, BUT you can do it. If you plan on just doing the badges no one will know except a Mustang Nut and those are the fun ones to fool....
I have a 71 Pantera DeTomaso with a wing and I have so many unknowing people ask me if it is a Ferrari...WHAT! when did Ferrari put a ford engine in... In the 8 years I have owned Red I have only had one person say that is a sweet Pantera Now maybe he read the badge. I dunno..

Uncle Red

Rookie
Well ya know at one time the "shelby's" were not a factory car Carroll put them together at his place.
It will take some hinting and a lot of research on exactly what made a Shelby, BUT you can do it. If you plan on just doing the badges no one will know except a Mustang Nut and those are the fun ones to fool....
I have a 71 Pantera DeTomaso with a wing and I have so many unknowing people ask me if it is a Ferrari...WHAT! when did Ferrari put a ford engine in... In the 8 years I have owned Red I have only had one person say that is a sweet Pantera Now maybe he read the badge. I dunno..