we jump started a kawasaki ninja 250 with a running car have we damaged...

matthewhavard3

...anything besides the bike battery? the bike was then run for about 5 miles but then would not restart, i am hoping all it needs is a new battery, any info would be great
at this point when i turn the key on, the electricals still all come on, but the when i engage the starter it just makes a click like when a battery is low

Tom B

Rookie
ut oh!
I always tell you guys, never never use a car battery to jump start a motorcycle!
the voltage rectifier can only take so many amps then it fries

Oscer LeRoy

You may of damaged the electrical system, or most likely the starter. the voltage of the car battery, and the bike battery is different. I would suggest taking it in to a professional.

Hope this helps!

they problem with any sports bike is when we switch it off the consumption of battery is high which is used to cool the engine ..don't switch off your bike too often while small halts and battery will run longer they it do now...

That's weird you know. there is a big difference between batteries and in your case maybe your bike electrical system could be damage or its stating plug could be damage. You should talk advise to a sport bike accessories dealer or a sport bike mechanic.