What are some things to look for or some adive before buying a car with a...

jiggajp2000

...salvaged title. It is rebuilt!? I'm looking at a 2003 Dodge Neon. It was in an accident, but it has been completely rebuilt. THe body is flawless and it appears to run just fine. They are asking A very low price, actually $6000 less than blue book value. I need to know what I should be concerned with before buying this car. What are some things I should check on. Thanks!

J.R.

Don't buy the car. There are so many salvage cars out there now, there is no telling who fixed it, or if they did it correctly. If you are not a body/frame mechanic yourself, stay away.

I would pay a trustworthy bodyshop to look over the car closely. If they give it a green light then I would consider buying it. Also find out if it will need a State patrol inspection in your state. If it does you can ask them to do it before you buy the car.

Patrick

Rookie
Avoid it like the plague. It may seem like a good deal now, but you will be sorry very soon. Neon's are not noted for good resale or reliability. Throw in the fact this one was wrecked and you have a recipe for disaster.

Shaq iz Phat

Why?

You can purchase a brand new Peon with LIFETIME powertrain warranty for $10k. Why would you want a salvaged crap with no warranty and no future?

You can't even insure it.

Is there any kind of warrenty offered? A salvaged vehicle can be a good deal as long as it has been cared for properly. See if you can find what kind of accident it was in(front, side or rear). Then look underneath the car in that area to see if anything looks out-of-place and wasn't fixed right. I would see if you can take it for an extended drive to see if anything funny comes up.