What car should I get when I turn 18? Lotus Elise, BMW 335i, Acura TL

Jules

Type S, or a Porsche Cayman S? I am am living in Newport Beach and commuting to college. Out of the cars mentioned above, which one would be the best to drive around every day, take my girlfriend to the mall, and most of all, which one would make me stand out above all the other cars.

Gump

If you're looking for something you don't see every day go with the Lotus Elise. You don't see them very often like you do the Acura, BMW or Porsche. That and if you want something that can corner like a fat kid looking for a doughnut then it's the best of your choice. For comfort, the Acura would most likely be the number one pick, but if you're only looking to "Stand Out" then the Lotus would be my choice. That and it shows you actually like cars and think instead of just going with the flow and following the bell like cattle do!

The Lotus Elise would definitely make you stand out the most. It would also have the best high performance handling and worst everyday handling. This is basically a race car legalized for street use, so since you are from Newport Beach and only 18 and considering cars of this caliber, I doubt it has enough "luxury" to fit your status. The Porsche would stand out as well and handle superbly at high speeds, but will also suffer during daily driving and is reallly meant for a sports car enthusiast, it takes effort and skill to properly drive this car. So that leave the TL-S and the 335i. Both are beautiful cars. The TL types S has plenty of power for a FWD car, and just as much luxury as the BMW, without the dreaded I-drive that hte 335 has. The TL is also a little less snobby which is good to me, but might not be what you are looking for. The BMW is superb in power and luxury. It's twin turbo engine works great, but it has i-drive which is very stupid and hard to use. Overall the BMW trumps the TL, but I would still choose the TL to be different.

lildude211us

Your insurance bills will definitely "stand out" no matter which one you choose.

Go with the Acura. Its probably the cheapest one to insure, cheapest one to fix and you probably wont have such a hard time finding somebody that can fix an Acura. Plus, the Acura is probably the most reliable out of this group.