What Car Vauxhall Astra SRi, Peugeot 207GTi or VW Golf?

curious

Rookie
I am looking to buy a new car, I would prefer a Golf GTi but price is outrageous. Does anyone have any comments on the Vauxhall Astra SRi with Exterior Pack or the Peugeot 207 GTi? I would welcome constructive criticism on any of these three models but please not 'that one looks the nicest' comments. Would sports hatch enthusiast like to earn ten points? Then please send your views.

Sensible

I think you would be better off with the RR Phantom saloon, but for environmental reasons just don't drive it. giggle

Marky

Rookie
If you want speed n fun, buy a 2nd hand Honda S2000 which would pi55 all over those and look great!

Not very practical, but its a hell of a lot of fun!

Huge

The Peugeot is much smaller and not really in the same class, they are nice to drive but the driving position is not very comfortable for big chaps. The Astra SRi is a very good car and looks great but the depreciation is high. Although the Golf GTI is more expensive it retains its value better. I would suggest you consider a `nearly new' one if it was at the top of your list. However, personally I would try the Honda Civic Type S or Type R before deciding.

Huge

The Peugeot is much smaller and not really in the same class, they are nice to drive but the driving position is not very comfortable for big chaps. The Astra SRi is a very good car and looks great but the depreciation is high. Although the Golf GTI is more expensive it retains its value better. I would suggest you consider a `nearly new' one if it was at the top of your list. However, personally I would try the Honda Civic Type S or Type R before deciding.

freddy

Astra mate! the police use that exact car to chase people all over the place. you might need to tune it up a bit to get it to thier spec but its a good runner anyway :) very quick.

good luck with the cars :)