What is the best GPS to buy for my car, under $200?

kmascio1998

I just need the basics GOOD DIRECTIONS, I want the unit to talk (give street names and tell me when to turn) mabye have a decent amount of points of intrest, I don't need all the bells and whistles. I had a magelian 3100 but didn't like it b/c it didn't call out street names. I don't want to go over $200 any suggestions ???

ChaseMark

Rookie
Really?...thought Garmin's was about $189 now....anyway... TomTom's has some pretty decent options within your budget too..if you search long enough...you'll find quite a bit within $200..good luck GPS hunting!

What kind of phone do you have? Maybe consider upgrading your phone instead of the GPS.

I ditched my garmin and replaced it with the TomTom app on the iPhone. It's so much better in just about every way. For a $50 app its well worth it. Best of all it updates for free through itunes so you always have more up to date maps then a stand alone. Plus all the extra stuff having gps with cellular service gets you, google search for locations, real time traffic, instant gps signal etc. It's works really really well. I'll never own another stand alone gps ever again.