What is the best universal FM transmitter for automobiles?

SoulDawg 4 UGA

The cassette deck in my car broke recently, and I won't be able to have it repaired for a while. I had been using a cassette adapter with my XM tuner and CD player.

My least expensive option will be an FM transmitter.
I hear that FM transmitters vary in quality. What is the best brand/model that will give me very good sound quality? And what is the price range?

C

conejote_99

they are all junk they have noise static and bad quality audio use a auxiliary audio interface they are a lot better and give you cd quality input to your radio

http://www.oemautosound.com/c-20-auxiliary-input.aspx

SubNRG

Rookie
There are basically two kinds of FM transmitters... hardwired and wireless. The wireless ones are the most problematic of the two. They tend to get all kinds of interference due to the limited power output regulated by the FCC. The hardwired ones also come powered and passive. The powered ones work the best DEI and Audiovox both make decent ones, but there are plenty of decent ones out there.
All that said, you can buy a JVC CD player with an auxiliary input for under $100 that you can plug that XM into with a $5 plug from Radio Shack. That will give you the best sound, and will only be about $60 more plus mounting/installation hardware.