What is the better SUV ... Ford escape hybrid , toyota hylander hybrid or the Honda

xxlacivertxx

I saw very good suspension system on acura mdx's but if you are looking for hybrid witch brand is given you good service choice that one.

Hockey M

CR-V ? just would like to know cause we are looking for an SUV possibly .... does anybody know any better suggestions ?

dana1981

I've linked a comparison of the 3 below.

It really depends on your priorities. The Highlander hybrid is the largest and most expensive of the 3. It's the only one with 3 rows of seats, so if you'll be transporting a whole bunch of kids around, that might be the best choice.

If you're concerned about mileage efficiency and/or the environment, then the Escape hybrid is the best choice. It's the most environmentally friendly hybrid at 32 mpg (vs. 26 mpg for Highlander hybrid and 24 mpg for CR-V).

If you're just looking for a reliable SUV that's not too big or too expensive and gets decent mileage, then the CR-V is probably your best bet.

Unless you need a really big SUV, I think the Ford Escape hybrid is your best bet. The CR-V is second best, since it gets almost as good mileage as the Highlander hybrid for a LOT less money. Really the Highlander hybrid is only a good choice if you need an SUV with 3 rows of seats, and I think it might be the only one with towing capability.

Joeschmoe

I like the Ford Escape Hybrid. It is the best value out of the three. Rather than uninformed opinions like most other posters are giving you, here are some cold hard facts:

The FEH uses a planetary-gear Power Split Device (PSD) transmission that is very similar to the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD) used in the Highlander Hybrid, so it has all of the same low-maintenance benefits as the HiHy, but the FEH costs a lot less.

Benefits of a PSD/HSD-equipped car:

- Uses regenerative braking, which means you don't need to change the brake pads until after 100,000 miles. (Regular cars like the Honda CR-V will need a brake job every 30,000 miles or so).

- Transmission reliability. The PSD/HSD transmission is just one single gearset, no gear-shifting, no clutches. Its simplicity means it's a lot tougher than regular gear-shifting multispeed transmissions (such as the one in the CR-V), or belt-driven CVT trannies.

- No starter solenoid / motor (which frequently causes trouble in regular cars-- "boo hoo hoo, my car won't start!"), no alternator, no timing belt. Less things to wear out.

The Ford PSD system and the Toyota HSD both have 8-year warranties, so if the traction battery dies within 8 years, they will replace it for free.

Not to mention the great gas mileage of the PSD/HSD-equipped vehicles, which is almost an afterthought.

As far as I'm concerned, you really can't go wrong with a PSD/HSD-equipped vehicle, which includes:

- All Toyota hybrids (Hybrid Synergy Drive)
- All Lexus hybrids (Hybrid Synergy Drive)
- Ford Escape Hybrid (own-developed PSD drive)
- Nissan Altima Hybrid (licensed Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive)

But as far as hybrid SUVs are concerned, I feel the FEH is the best value.