What is wrong with my Honda Accord? Going out of alinement for no apparent reason?

Sylves

We just had my tires/wheels realigned and balanced a week ago. We drove the car to the city yesterday with no problems, but just this morning, I noticed that suddenly the car was severely pulling to one direction while traveling at 55 mph. So, either there was a strong south wind (I highly doubt), or my car is out of alignment AGAIN!

Here's some recent events that my car has "endured:"

1. Early Oct, I brought my car to the dealership to have the oil changed, the timing belt replaced, the water pump replaced,the transmission fluid flushed, and the tires rotated.

2. Late Oct, I was driving and my tire was making a loud racket. My friend poked her nose out the door while we traveled VERY slowly, and she saw the tire flapping side to side. We stopped immediately to check the tires; we were able to turn the lug nuts with our bare hands on three of the tires. The tire that was about to fall off had lost one of the lug nuts. My DH replaced the lug nuts and tightened all nuts...
He drove the car around to make sure that everything seemed okay. We even took it to our trustworthy shop, and the mechanic found no probs.

3. Late Nov, the car was out of alignment, and I can't figure out how because I didn't bump anything or drive over any potholes... We brought the car in again to be checked by our mechanic (not the dealership), and he had to replace some of the lug nuts bases (I'm a little foggy about the actual terminology, but the best way I can describe it is the base of the lug nut...the threads...?) He also realigned/balanced the wheels.

Obviously, there is something wrong with my car, but I can't figure out what is the root of the problem. Does anyone have any ideas? The car is going to the shop again today.

Thank you for your ideas!
Kemet: unfortunately I lost my confidence in the Honda dealership because they were the last ones to mess with the tires before the tire almost fell off... Plus, you can't walk out of the dealership without spending at least $200.
In October, I spent over $1000, and this happens!!!!????
99 Accord, 125K miles, driven on gravel 50% of the time (we live in the country), serviced every 3K miles or 3 months. DH checks the oil and tire pressure constantly. I weigh 125lbs, and my DH weighs 160lbs.

jack

Rookie
Honda service is going to hit bottom soon! I brought one in with a starting problem. They said they couldn't find the problem, but thought it might be just a relay that went bad. I took it to another garage and they said it was fixed and all it needed was a new relay. It took about five minutes to find the problem and fix it! It has worked fine since the relay replacement!

Pedro S

you dont say how old/ how many miles on car.. as car gets old/worn differnt things can go wrong... iv had wheels come loose 2 times...not that uncommon...i check them abt once a month.. you could have other problems making an alignment a problem...loose/worn out rack..bad ball joints or bad tie rod endsfind a tire/alignment and ask them to check the entire front end.. and just cause u spent 1000 on timeing belt,oil,tranny none of that is related to alignment problem!

Pedro S

you dont say how old/ how many miles on car.. as car gets old/worn differnt things can go wrong... iv had wheels come loose 2 times...not that uncommon...i check them abt once a month.. you could have other problems making an alignment a problem...loose/worn out rack..bad ball joints or bad tie rod endsfind a tire/alignment and ask them to check the entire front end.. and just cause u spent 1000 on timeing belt,oil,tranny none of that is related to alignment problem!

KEMET

usually when you get an alinement done at a mechanic shop its never perfect its best to get that type of work dont at the dealer.