what to do about brakes on my 1999 Chrysler Town & Country?

slipp

I have a 99 T&C. The front brakes on the passenger side keeps locking up. I changed the passenger side brake hose,caliper and master cylinder. I bled the brakes and it still sticks. The brake pedal gets harder time I press it. Do I need a proprtioning valve, new rear wheel cylinders, or a relay. Can anyone help me?

polkan47

Rookie
May that will help?

PROPORTIONING VALVE (HEIGHT SENSING)
Proportioning valve adjustment will be required if there is a complaint of premature rear wheel lockup and the front and rear brake shoe linings checked OK during inspection, the height sensing proportioning valve required replacement, or there is a complaint of excessive pedal effort and the vacuum booster and brake pedal checked OK. Make sure the proportioning valve and the mounting bracket are firmly attached to the vehicle. Then, proceed with the following procedure to perform the adjustment of the vehicle.

1. Raise vehicle. Vehicle is to be raised and supported on jackstands or with a frame contact type hoist so the rear suspension of the vehicle is hanging free.
2. Remove rear wheels/tires.
3. Using an appropriate jack, support the rear axle prior to the removal of the track bar and shock absorber bolts from the rear axle.
4. Unbolt the track bar from the rear axle.
5. Unbolt both shock absorbers from the rear axle.
6. Loosen (do not remove) both of the leaf spring to front spring hanger pivot bolts. NOTE: When lowering the rear axle be sure that the leaf springs do not come in contact with the hoist limiting the downward movement of the axle. If this occurs an improper adjustment of the actuator may result.
7. Lower the rear axle so it is at its farthest point of downward movement.
8. Loosen the adjustment nut on the actuator.
9. Be sure the hooked end of the actuator is correctly (fully) seated in the clip on the proportioning valve lever and that the clip is correctly positioned on the lever of the proportioning valve.
10. Pull the housing of the proportioning valve actuator toward the spring hanger until the lever on the proportioning valve bottoms on the body of the proportioning valve. Hold the proportioning valve actuator in this position while tightening the adjustment nut to a torque of 5 Nm (45 inch lbs.) . Proportioning valve adjustment is now complete.
11. Install shock absorbers and track bar on rear axle. Do not tighten the mounting bolts of the loosened suspension components at this time.
12. Install the wheel/tires.
13. Lower the vehicle to the ground. Be sure that the suspension is supporting the full weight of the vehicle.
14. Tighten the spring to front hanger pivot bolts to a torque of156 Nm (115 ft. lbs.) .
15. Tighten the shock absorber mounting bolts to a torque of 101 Nm (75 ft. lbs.) .
16. Tighten the track bar mounting bolt to a torque of 95 Nm (70 ft. lbs.) .
17. Road test vehicle to ensure that the premature rear wheel lockup condition has been corrected.