What would be a good SUV to buy for a first car that is not gas guzzling, besides a

hannah

ford explorer or gmc jimmy i am looking for my first car, i am deciding between a mustang or some SUV, any ideas

boredcollegekid

If you want an SUV type go with the Honda CR-V or the Ford Edge. Really of the crossover SUV don't take that much gas. My first car was a Hyundai Accent if you care.

tlworkroom

Your FIRST car, and you're trying to decide between a MUSTANG and an SUV? Are you sure you're alive?

I'd have assumed the Mustang (especially the brand new Retro design) would be the answer. It wouldn't be MY answer, but thot it'd be yours.

You didn't mention your age, because that sometimes has an effect upon what you'd like to drive or like to be seen in.
(sometimes equally important)

The smaller SUV's are usually quite nice to drive, smaller so they're more nimble in traffic, and won't guzzle gas like their bigger bro's. You also will sit up higher, able to see traffic ahead of you much easier, which is very helpful sometimes to avoid problems coming up.

Toyota Rav4, the Hyundai Sante Fe or Tuscon (forget which is smaller one), seem to be very popular. But the Toyota is proven by ten years or more.

You also didn't mention whether you're talking brand new or used vehicles. But either way, the Toyota is one of the best reliable.

rotorhead

Ford Escape. Great mileage, can carry boats, bike and other junk on top with proper racks. V-6 engine has plenty of power, front wheel or 4wd available. Very affordable.

rotorhead

Ford Escape. Great mileage, can carry boats, bike and other junk on top with proper racks. V-6 engine has plenty of power, front wheel or 4wd available. Very affordable.