What's wrong with my 1988 turbo Volvo? =(?

Lece R.

I know there is no way anybody could tell me what's wrong with my car over the net, but I need some suggestions . (I would just bring it to a mechanic but I'm short on money and the nearest mechanic is an hour drive away....since my car is broken I can't take it)

What happened to my car:
- I woke up one morning, and discovered that my keys were turned all the way in my ignition, and the car was dead.
- I thought the battery was dead and had my dad jump the car. He claims it worked for a while, but once the gas got circulated it died.
- I tried jumping it again. Didn't work, but made noises like it was going to try to start up.
- My dad says it looks like maybe my ignition coil isn't firing right. I'm thinking maybe my battery is just shot or somebody put something in my gas tank.

Additional details: Its very cold right now (battery?), Regularly my car stalls and dies if I don't take off fast enough (its an automatic though), I just installed a brand new CD player (fuses?)

S

staples_92

your starter might be on it's way out, usually they don't work to weell in the cold if there shot

Will S

Rookie
If you are lucky it's just the battery. Have someone take it out for you and take it to auto zone or something and have it checked.