When I bought a used car from a private seller, I didn't get the pink slip.?

ryan

Rookie
When I bought a used car from a private seller, I didn't get the pink slip. I got only Bill of sale. Now he didn't answer my phone.
How can I register my car?

Jen22

Rookie
I think you need to go talk go DMV and see what you can do. Was this car financed while you bought it? You need to tell someone before it is too late and find out you really got screwed. Did you pay cash or check? Has the check cleared? Put a stop payment on it if you did and it has not cleared. Have you contacted police on what to do? Start somewhere before it is too late and we all laugh at you.
Just kidding but seriously..go talk to someone

Joe m

Rookie
when buying a car, you don't need the pink slip. The pink slip is from his insurance company indicating his residency and coverage. That pink slip is not for you. The only thing you need is the ownership papers for that car so you can register the car under your name. under your name. After you registering your car, find a good insurance company and they will provide you with accidental coverage and pink slips.

mdcbert

Rookie
HE took your money, now go egg his house!

oh? dont know where he lives?

Maybe you bought a stolen car!!

sharkracingsyn

unfortunately it sounds as thought you've been screwed. my best guess is that you either just bought a stolen car, or you bought a vehicle that was pieced together from scrap parts or a totaled vehicle. to properly buy a vehicle from a private dealer that dealer must hand over the title to you, only after signing the portion of the title that implies directly to selling the vehicle. once that title has been signed by the previous owner you must bring that title to your local state DMV and apply for a new title that will be listed under your name. without a title, and without said title being signed you do not own anything.

RDNZL

You are screwed. Call the police to let them know what happened, then call the junk yard for your folly.