Where is the starter on an 04 Acura MDX??

just wondering

I need to grease the starter shaft on my 2004 Acura MDX. First step... finding the starter. Can anyone help?? Even on a similar year, they're probably the same.

Thanks!

Rodger R

Rookie
You don't grease starters. You may want to grease the bendix on the starter but that means you have to pull the starter and if you are doing that, you will want to replace the starter. I don't know your specific model but experience tells me that your starter is beneath the intake manifold, bolted up to the engine side of the bell housing.
By the time you get the starter off, you will understand that you want to just go ahead and replace it - since it is so damn hard to get to.

Rodger R

Rookie
You don't grease starters. You may want to grease the bendix on the starter but that means you have to pull the starter and if you are doing that, you will want to replace the starter. I don't know your specific model but experience tells me that your starter is beneath the intake manifold, bolted up to the engine side of the bell housing.
By the time you get the starter off, you will understand that you want to just go ahead and replace it - since it is so damn hard to get to.

Rodger R

Rookie