Which car is the fastest, 2002 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6,...

Vito

Rookie
...or 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra? 2002 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
2003 Mustang SVT Cobra

Which car is the fastest stock and modded? Thanks!
10 Points- Best Answer

Spartan Mike K

Everything I state will be absolute fact that is backed up by reference that I will put links to sites to prove. I have been racing for the last 10 years and these are the facts. In stock form the 2003 svt cobra is the fastest. It is the ONLY 12 second 1/4 mile car stock. See link below.
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html
Modified, the cobra is the fastest. It is the only car that you can put over 500rwhp to without having to worry about engine damage. It is also the only car that for $1000 you can turn into a low 11 second car. The cobra has a 4 valve per cylinder engine that has all of its internal components forged. It can handle up to 1000hp in stock form. The supra also has a very strong engine but not quite as strong as the cobras. The ws6 has the weakest engine of the bunch, it is only a 2 vavle per cylinder engine that can only handle up to about 550hp in stock form. With a $5,000 supercharger swap you can turn the cobra into a 800hp+, 9 second 1/4 mile car, this can not be said for any of the other cars listed. See link below.
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/cobra03/cobra03.htm
Now the supra can be made to be as fast as the cobra but it will cost much, much more. We are talking around $12,000 to $15,000 to get to the 9 second range, not to mention the car itself is much more expensive then the cobra. I do not include nitrous in the mods I am talking about because any car listed here can put in nitrous for the same price and get the exact same results, so nitrous should be excluded in questions like this. We are talking about real mods that give you power every single time you hit the gas.
Here is your factual rank
Stock
1. cobra 12.9 1/4 mile
2. ws6 13.4 1/4 mile
3. supra 13.5 1/4 mile
(additional info, that is the time for the 1998 tt supra, I used that year because that is the last year they were made in the U.S. The fastest time I can find for a 2002 supra is 13.1. So if you really were to spend the money on a 2002 supra, it would be the 2nd fastest stock car and the ws6 would be the 3rd).

Modded
1.cobra
2.supra
3.ws6

As far as modded goes, it is possible to argue that the ws6 should be 2nd and the supra should be 3rd. The supra has a strong engine but the ls1 for the ws6 is also a stong engine. Neither one has the "built" short block of the cobra though, so both are deffinately below the cobra.

Additional----
just to correct the person above me, the 2003 cobra is rated at 390hp and 390tq the most out of the 3 cars listed and in fact as anyone who knows dynos, racing, and cars will tell you it actually is grossly under rated. It actually makes between 410-420hp and 410-420tq. I will leave a link below that explains this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang

Just go twords the bottom 1/3 of the link where they discuss the 03/04 cobras

anyone who says anything different will not leave links to prove it because they cant because they are lying. They are not anyone who has ever been to a track or has any racing experiance. These are the absolute facts.

skii4lif3

in my opinion the mustang SVT because it has 320 horsepower and 317 pounds of torque and it looks pretty good. The mustang is defanately tied with the trans am, so both are pretty much equal

A

atvman_400

Stock:
Cobra
WS6
Supra

The Cobra will run 12s out of the box, while the other two are still in the mid 13s.

Modded:
Cobra
WS6
Supra

The Cobra benefits from having all forged internals and great DOHC base to build on. It can be safely modded to well over 500hp without harm to the lower end. The LS1 in the WS6 can be built up pretty well too, except it's block and lower end aren't as durable as the Cobra's. Remember, Ford built the Cobra engine with the intention of it getting a supercharger. When Ford builds a supercharged engine, they build it right. The Supra falls behind the other two because it comes from the factory tuned pretty hot. It can be modded to a high level of power, but I would feel much safer modifying the Cobra's or the WS6's engine over the Supra's.