which youth atv should I by for my kids for christmas?

John P

Rookie
I have been wanting to get a 4 wheeler for my kids for over a year but have been putting it off because of the exspense. This Christmas I am ready to do it, but now I want to know which kind to get. After some research I have found the following, all the name brands I know, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, honda, polaris run from $2,200 or better for something in the 90cc range. I have talked to a few people and have looked at a lot of websites, I found a lot of cheap 4 wheelers for $500 to $1000. they look cheap though. A friend ar work told me to look at red cat atv's, he said he heard good things about them, but told me he had never owened one. I looked them up online, They look good, I really cant tell any difference between them and the $2000 ones at my local dealers. Of course I don't know what to look for. Does anyone know anything about redcat or does anyone know any good cheap 4 wheelers out there, websites or any info would be appreciated. Thanks

J

j_bolger_13

ok well you can try http://www.craigslist.com if you wanna buy used, but if you wanna buy new you should visit a local dealership. As for Redcat, visit ? for more info.

http://www.redcatmotors.com/products/index.asp

barry m

Rookie
This is the scoop.... Red Cat(Kazuma) is a cheap Chinese company that makes disposable atv's/motorcycles/go carts, This is what i mean....Let's say you need a part. Well, first if you call them(if they ever answer or return your phone call) they will tell you that they have the parts, Then you order them and 4 to 6 months go by and they will send you a part but it's not going to be the right one so now you have to send it back and they will keep doing this and then they will tell you that atv has been discontinued and parts are not available for it anymore. All these "Fly by Night" atv companies are crap.

Dude your kids don't care if the atv is new or used they just want one so just buy a used one because they are just going to outgrow it and stay away from no name companies all they are is a headache.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris are all respectable companies with excellent machines you can not go wrong with any them.

Well some thing not to get is the HI Bird...They dont perform like a name brand...and they fall apart..ive had one problem after another...and i wouldnt go with any cheap japanese brands...but any of those namebrands would prolly b great..im currently savin up for a new quad...but i wont have it till bout the end of the summer

Well some thing not to get is the HI Bird...They dont perform like a name brand...and they fall apart..ive had one problem after another...and i wouldnt go with any cheap japanese brands...but any of those namebrands would prolly b great..im currently savin up for a new quad...but i wont have it till bout the end of the summer