why cant a car manufacturer make a "mini Van" that has 4 wheel drive- I Need a...

lu-e

...Mini van,and 4x4!!!!not a suv. i currently drive a dodge grand caravan, and so wish it had 4x4, i need the extra room , so a small SUV wont work.I don't need it for off road excursions,just for travel, and driving in snow! And where i live it would be a great help!
ps- i do live in the hills-- have to travel 30 + miles every day to work.. also do weekend driving to dog shows, and carry xtra large crates and BIGDOGS!so a smaller car is not an option.. can only afford 1 vehicle.- I HATE DRIVING IN SNOW! :)

litscot

The Toyota sienna is the only 4x4 or AWD being sold,however most all of the domestic automakers have produced AWD's but have since dropped them.A side note Ford and GM will cease production of mini vans alltogether afterf next year.God Bless.

gregthomasparke

I agree with PS. I drive a Dakota that is 2WD and I just add weight to the back for traction, good tires, and proper inflation. Thats all thats needed. Now there has been some AWD systems in the past. All wheel drive and 4 wheel drive are close to the same, but they are not the same thing. All wheel drive is where all the wheels drive at the same time and there is no way to change that. 4 wheel drive is where the main power wheels will only power the vehicle, until the option of the use of the other wheels is selected. Generally, with a 4 wheel drive setup there will be a 2 hi, a 4 hi, and a 4 lo set up. This is an ideal setup for off road and city use. For just city use the 2 hi, and 4 hi are the only things that are needed in this situation. There has been some vans in the past, some that are still being made today as well that have had an AWD system. The Chevrolet/GMC Astro/Safari, The Dodge Caravan, and the Ford Windstar and even the Aerostar. Now not all these vehicles are equipted with the AWD setup, it is part of a trim package, and getting one of these with said trim package isn't always easy. The most common one that I see is the Astro/Safari