WHY OH WHY does acura make front wheel drive cars????

Chigga

Rookie
Acuras are basically high end Hondas, just like Lexus is to Toyota or Infiniti to Nissan.

Acuras are exclusive to North America. One of the arguments presented is that the N.A. climate is colder than other places, and Acura consumers are more concerned about ease of driving than spirited driving.

I went from a G35 to a TL, and yes, I prefer the rwd too. But Acura isn't the only manufacturer building high end fwd cars.

Honda/Acura is stubborn and refuses to build a RWD (other than the S2000) car or a V8. Sure those HP numbers are alright but those cars lack the torque of a nice V8 and you have to rev it like crazy to get it to go. Put some people in there and you will notice. Its a nice car don't get me wrong but its driven by the wrong wheels.

Everybody else makes RWD V8 luxury cars. They are generally faster and more sporty. For that kinda money I wouldn't accept anything less. Judging by Acura sales I guess I'm not the only one to think that.

mithrandir9565

when i found out that the tl was front wheel drive i was shocked why why why why would u make a "luxury car" front wheel drive? what the hell who would pay more than $25000 for a front wheel drive?? am so disapointed in honda what the hell

vietplaya1987

front wheel drive handle better in snow or rain though its not really fun to drive but you'll love it on the snow. I have a RSX-s all season tires race w/ a Jeep wrangler 4x4 on the snow with no sweat. And plus its not Acura if its not FWD :)

Honda/Acura is stubborn and refuses to build a RWD (other than the S2000) car or a V8. Sure those HP numbers are alright but those cars lack the torque of a nice V8 and you have to rev it like crazy to get it to go. Put some people in there and you will notice. Its a nice car don't get me wrong but its driven by the wrong wheels.

Everybody else makes RWD V8 luxury cars. They are generally faster and more sporty. For that kinda money I wouldn't accept anything less. Judging by Acura sales I guess I'm not the only one to think that.

Chrys

Rookie
last time I looked Honda and Acura were different cars. ( since I've been driving both makes most of my life, I think I'm qualified to know the difference.) If you don't like Acuras or Hondas, keep it to yourself...go American and watch for recalls and broken promises...

mr.mr.

Rookie
what do you expect? It's Honda made. With FWD, the engine is turned side way so that leaves lots of spaces for the interior, this is the only reason I can see why TL is FWD.

24kb81

first of all acura and honda are 2 different makes (at least i think so).
plus it's an import and they really don't make rwd cars unless it's a truck or suv.
so buy a an american car like the charger or camaro or wait till the challenger comes out...american car=power and rwd!!

Chigga

Rookie
Acuras are basically high end Hondas, just like Lexus is to Toyota or Infiniti to Nissan.

Acuras are exclusive to North America. One of the arguments presented is that the N.A. climate is colder than other places, and Acura consumers are more concerned about ease of driving than spirited driving.

I went from a G35 to a TL, and yes, I prefer the rwd too. But Acura isn't the only manufacturer building high end fwd cars.

Because is a re-badge Honda whatever with leather seats and high $$$$ toys. So why reinventing the whole car? Is cheaper to sell what is on hand instead with more features. I would not get one even if it was given to me.

My taste of Honda was a brand sparkling new Prelude. Left such a bad taste that I swore not to buy a Honda again. Within the 1st week a motor mount broke, brakes need changing every 6 months buying top brake pads. Best cars I ever own, trouble free, low maintenance and good gas mileage, believe it or not are GMs. So now I am a loyal buyer of GMs.

nj2pa2nc

Rookie
the 09 acura tl is supposed to be awd. I have owned FWD, RWD, 4WD and AWD vehicles. I can not tell you which one I liked better but with AWD and when I used 4WD my gas mileage went down.

cbrdgt

An Acura = high-end Honda. It'd cost too much for them to have RWD just on the TL. Acura is coming out with AWD for it's brand new 2009 TL and TSX, maybe you should trade it in for a new one?

cbrdgt

An Acura = high-end Honda. It'd cost too much for them to have RWD just on the TL. Acura is coming out with AWD for it's brand new 2009 TL and TSX, maybe you should trade it in for a new one?

Honda / Acura is stubborn and refuses to build a car or a RWD V8. HP sure these figures are right, but these cars are not the torque of a V8 nice and you have to rev it as crazy to do go. Put some people out there and see. It's a nice car, do not get me wrong, but driven by the wheels bad.