will being placed at the back of the pit lane damage mclaren chances in 2008?

andrew l

Rookie
because all their contructors points were deducted as part of the punishment for the ferrari spy nonsense, mclaren will have a small garage with the back marker 'also-rans' at the end of the pit lane. is that going to hurt their chances of winning the championship next year because they won't be able to bring so much kit and technical stuff to each race? or maybe it will give them a fighting edge to prove themselves against the odds despite this disadvantage ..

Chris P

Don't think it will affect them to much,but if it doesn't the Ferrari International Assistance(FIA) will probably think of some way of making it effect them.

I'm coming to the conclusion it makes little difference anyway.

After a fan of over 25 years i am now extremely disalusioned with what is happening especially with regards to the FIA.

Let's be honest here, the sport is corrupt, there's so much going on behind closed doors we hear nothing about that we the fans are mystified with some of the decisions taken.

The FIA is full of old men who are living in the dark ages, they are there for themselves alone as a power trip rather than for the benefits of the sport.

McClaren has been judged extremely harshly over the 'stolen' information incident and now we hear that Renault get away completely free of any charge for a similar thing.
Teams stealing information from each other has been going on since F1 started, and ALL teams do it so it should be either banned with serious implications or it's ignored.
It has to be a level playing field and McClaren seems to be losing out in every way at the moment.

The Pit lane slot will hurt them, the loss of a top very experienced driver like Alonso will hurt them even more and the chance there could be further fines or restrictions on the way will be the final nail in the coffin.
Ron Dennis could just as well write this season off now but he wont and good on him, i'm not a huge fan of the guy but i'm feeling for him at the moment.

One last thing on F1.
I'm absolutely sick of hearing from Bernie 'ebaneezer scrooge' Eccleston that Silverstone is so behind the times and needs to be dropped from the season.
He's on a mission to get rid of our one and only race in favour of somewhere that makes him more money, he has enough in his back pocket to sort out Silverstone so why doesn't he?

I'm coming to the conclusion it makes little difference anyway.

After a fan of over 25 years i am now extremely disalusioned with what is happening especially with regards to the FIA.

Let's be honest here, the sport is corrupt, there's so much going on behind closed doors we hear nothing about that we the fans are mystified with some of the decisions taken.

The FIA is full of old men who are living in the dark ages, they are there for themselves alone as a power trip rather than for the benefits of the sport.

McClaren has been judged extremely harshly over the 'stolen' information incident and now we hear that Renault get away completely free of any charge for a similar thing.
Teams stealing information from each other has been going on since F1 started, and ALL teams do it so it should be either banned with serious implications or it's ignored.
It has to be a level playing field and McClaren seems to be losing out in every way at the moment.

The Pit lane slot will hurt them, the loss of a top very experienced driver like Alonso will hurt them even more and the chance there could be further fines or restrictions on the way will be the final nail in the coffin.
Ron Dennis could just as well write this season off now but he wont and good on him, i'm not a huge fan of the guy but i'm feeling for him at the moment.

One last thing on F1.
I'm absolutely sick of hearing from Bernie 'ebaneezer scrooge' Eccleston that Silverstone is so behind the times and needs to be dropped from the season.
He's on a mission to get rid of our one and only race in favour of somewhere that makes him more money, he has enough in his back pocket to sort out Silverstone so why doesn't he?

grumpyoldman

It shouldn't make much difference as the garages are all the same size,and the pit lane is a finite length from wherever you start and stop.