Will Metallica's new album be a triumph? Or will it be St Anger Part 2?

WeAreTheUsed

If it turns out to be another hollow, stinking pile of rubbish, is it the end of Metallica?

After such a horrible streak of poor albums, can they redeem themselves with something as good as Master Of Puppets? Can you see it happening? Or are the members way too past their prime?

Deke

They should rename themselves Metrendica. That's all they are now.

They have moved from being musicians to entertainers, not unlike the Rolling Stones.

TommyMo

i dont see a master of puppets type of album coming from metallica..i dont think its bc of lack of talent though, remember during puppets and the rest of the 80's heyday, metallica were a bunch of young, angry, drunk kids--20+ years later they dont have that same angry drive but i think there is still plenty of talent in that band(mostly kirk and jason(when he was still in it)..nowadays they are too involved in the business part of it-radio friendlier songs-no more 8 minute epics,etc....like all legends, they will be known for the old stuff and the new is just a reason to tour and see them live still which is good enough for me

MaxMetallica

missed them alot..nothing better like master of puppets...but age degrades ones performance,so we cant expect anymore from those God of metals......R.I.P. metallica(literally)...

Stephen M

Metallica gets a lot of crap from those who prefer the 80s albums over the 90s. Although I liked the 80s (mostly Ride the Lightening), I believe the 90s ventures were talented. St. Anger made me St. Angry. I only hope that they will go back to playing some good stuff. What was up with that snare drum in St Anger?
Oh, and they are getting back with Bob Rock - Hopefully this will be good.