With the proper hitch, can a mini-van tow a car?

judithsr

I'm looking into moving across the country in a few months and am considering renting a van (like a mini-van, not a moving van or anything). I do want to bring my car along though...
Could I attach something to a mini van to tow my car? (a 1998 corolla). Or would a mini-van not be strong enough?

rick

Rookie
If you're going cross country, I would suggest something made specifically for towing. A mini van's small motor would overheat and the transmission would probably burn up also. You always see people with cars and mini trucks and such hauling a boat or trailer and they're broke down halfway up a long steep grade. Try something with a good size diesel engine in it.

KC M

what make/model/year is your minivan?

well, if the minivan you are going to rent is a GMC safari(Astro Van) you can tow any car (compact cars only).

aaa666000

Banned
Automotive related equipment
Manufacturing Equipment,Logistic, Materials,Maintenance Equipment, Test Instrument, repair tools usally plays an important role in auto industry, it ensures quality of the products, some key parts in the car like engine assy must be checkout many times with Test Instrument before launching in the market.