Would insurance on a small pickup truck be more than a small compact car?

mcmatrix12000

I am thinking about getting a small pickup truck (Toyota Tacoma, Chevy S-10 type truck). Would the insurance on it be higher than a Small car like a Honda Civic or Hundi Access? I am 18 years old so my rates are already high and have a clean record and I live in New York.

Lemar J

Rookie
insurance rates will be different for every car and every truck in every city and state in the US. Best thing to do is get with an insurance agent and ask the agent to price the insurance for those particular vehicles. That's what they are there for.

Also, they can give you a list of the recommended vehicles to get lower rates. You can go from there in finding something.

Lastly, keep this in mind. No matter what vehicle you buy, eventually it's going to end up on some mechanic's rack in need of repairs or in someone's salvage yard. So spend as little money as possible and make sure you buy within your needs and within your budget. For instance a 2003 Mustang GT isn't going to do anyone any good in an enviroment with few paved roads and 40 snow days a year.