unsure about what could be wrong with my 97 isuzu rodeo?

Rebecca

Rookie
I took the car in to see why my engine was like going "chika-chika-chika-chika" and at the same time it was like 'vrroooom", the engine sounded like really bad. I brought it in and the guy hooked it up to this scanner thing and told me there was carbon buildup because the guy who owned my car before must of used the cheaper gas thats not recomended by the manufacturer. But after they fixed that, the engine light went on and then started blinking,. that was like 5 days ago, and i thnk i will go back and tell them, but why is it doing that? the engine is actually still a little loud after he fixed it but its better now. It has 106,000 miles. and there is this "kill switch"? theyre these wires that you have to put together sometimes if the car won't start. it works when u do it correctly, but it might have something to do with the blinking light...like my alarm system or lights are screwed up or something. ...any answers asap would be appreciated

wesso83

Rookie
9 times out of 10, a blinking MIL indicates a problem with the vehicles ignition system. I.E.-misfire, o2 sensor, something of that nature, but when you brought up the wires and the kill switch, it could be ANYTHING if something is miswired sending wrong signals to the ECM.