Used car vs brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle?

Gonzo

No experience driving motorcycles but heard it was very easy.
I can't really afford a used car at this moment and a motor cycle is half the price of the car i saw. What would be something i have to worry about when driving a motorcycle?
Is gas more effiecient? What if i want to resell it? What are the chances of getting into an accident if i'm careful driving it?
I already have a car, I drive a 2007 camry that i bought last year but i'm giving it to my wife. We have 2 kids,
I'll be getting life insurance if i go with the bike. She thinks it's really dangerous but i don't think it is.

Sabrina

Gas--definitely cheaper

Accidents--they could happen either way, but on motorcycle--no protection. You have a far greater chance of being fatally wounded or paralyzed.

On bike--when it rains, you get WET--and it stings like little needles poking your arms when the drops hit you. When it is cold, it is COLD!

Coolness factor---Well, what can be said? CHICK MAGNETS!

Fun factor--motorcycles make you feel CAREFREE! It is an awesome feeling to ride.

Re-sell--easier with a bike. Especially a Harley. (not so much on other brands)

Other people--many people put your life in danger by the way THEY drive. They ride your tailpipe--if you go down, they plow you over. They cut you off. You have to be alert every minute when you drive in town--people driving cars act like you have no right to be on the road.

All in all--personal choice. Both have their good and bad. It would be nice to own a car AND a bike so that you have the best of both world. CHEERS!