VW Jetta 2004 Dealer says new Transmission required?

Roger B

TDI Tiptronic Transmission started to shift eratically from time to time. Make appointment to have it checked. They say it needs new transmission even though it now works fine. Checked on internet for answers. Found a parts jobber in the US that suggests that he has see lots of them that are just down a little oil. VW tries to make people think it is impossible for customer to service these transmissions. I found a web site by googling VW Jetta Transmission fluids by Blau parts that says different.Has anyone had any luck with this method? I do know where to put oil into this Tranny and where to take it out. Not sure where to check level yet. Also the access pan is on the front of this Tranny and not on the bottom like in the illustration. The cost of the Transmission with installation is out of the question as far as I am concerned. Almost $6000 CA. I think the VW dealer is trying to put one over on me and the Car only has 97000 odd KM on it.

Joel

Rookie
Unless your car is modded, or your a horrible driver, then there is not reason with only 97k KM that your car would need a new tranny.

Depending on the tranny situation would determine the outcome. Does the tranny Slip? does it hesitate to go into gear? whats the problem with it?

My Friend has a 2004 jetta, Tiptronic and he had a issue where is was hesitating to go into gear, and would slip on occasion when trying to shift.

Your best bet is to drain out the tranny fluid and replace it with new tranny fluid. I Also recomend using lucus tranny lube. It will make it shift much smoother, and should give it a better feel.

Joel

Rookie
Unless your car is modded, or your a horrible driver, then there is not reason with only 97k KM that your car would need a new tranny.

Depending on the tranny situation would determine the outcome. Does the tranny Slip? does it hesitate to go into gear? whats the problem with it?

My Friend has a 2004 jetta, Tiptronic and he had a issue where is was hesitating to go into gear, and would slip on occasion when trying to shift.

Your best bet is to drain out the tranny fluid and replace it with new tranny fluid. I Also recomend using lucus tranny lube. It will make it shift much smoother, and should give it a better feel.

Richard G

...G get another Opinion...VW dealers are not Gods..your relying on a human being with a VW on his work jacket!!