Which Bike: '07 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 or '97 BMW R11RT?

B

boogie_4wheel

I have been riding for many years, used to be a motorcross racer, and currently riding a Kawa KLX 650 Supermoto. A crotch rocket is not comfortable and a cruiser doesn't quite apply since I live near many mountain roads so a sport-tourier fits the bill...

The V-Strom is a brand new at dealership bike. Out the door price of $9000. It is the 1000cc and my only complaint about the bike is that it is a chain drive. I do not plan on taking it off road and would swap the tires for a more road-orientated tire.

The BMW is a '97 1100cc for sale at the BMW bike dealership. Includes BMW hard side cases and trunk. Has 31K miles, electric windshield, heated grips, and new tires. BIke looks great, is listed at $5300.

I have ridden the BMW's and love them, just concerned about parts accessability on a 10yr old bike. Pro's and cons to each, I have ridden both and both have pros and cons... Both are comfortable... How bout some input!!!

lunaseatoo

I would go with the BMW .Far better as bikes go but know that part are accessible but that if you do not work on it your self it is hard to find anybody other then BMW to work on then & BMW is not cheep.