Which do you think is hotter, Harley Davidson motorcycle or sportsbike

polly-pocket

like a Ducati 999 & why? state which kind of motorcycle you think is hotter and the specific model, if you want to & the reason(s) why you think it's hotter.thanks.
I think they can be compared, old school gangsta versus new age punk or classic audrey hepburn versus pamela anderson...I'm just wondering whether people prefer the relaxed stud-look with sunglasses & bandana or hyper punk- look with a color-coordinated outfit & helmet?:-D
re:yeah, a bit stereo-typing there.I have seen non-stereotypical riders, but usually have seen the typicals in my area.I was trying to say which is the better chick magnet. don't guys sometimes use the woman as a bike accessory;) I think both bikes are hot. One makes me go...Yowzaaa!! and the other makes me...Waaoww!!

bikernoj

"Harley made in the USA..." out of Chinese parts. Even Buell figured out that they can't make a competitive engine and turned to Rotax for their powerplant. Rotax makes engines for Can-Am and Aprilia.

Harleys are a dime a dozen. Everyone has a freakin' Harley, and the only thing left is the NAME and the IMAGE, and the people who fell for the hype. There are other manufacturers like Victory that make a better bike and only custom choppers are aesthetically unique anymore.

On the flip side, everyone has a freakin' Gixxer or an R6. Every wannabe squid asks the same tired question about getting a racebike for their first one, and don't understand the capabilities or the consequences of such a choice.

For speed and handling, no cruiser can even come CLOSE to a sportbike. It's like comparing an old Ford Bronco with worn C-bushings to a Formula 1 car! There is a CONNECTION with a sportbike that you just don't get with an 800-lb, two-wheeled motor home; like it's an extension of your body instead of something you ride.

So for riding, it's sportbikes all the way for me. As for looks, there are beautiful bikes in both camps, and I love looking at all of them. However, the limited Ducati Desmosedici RR superbike is sex on wheels! It looks fast just sitting there, and the overall design is so organic you'd swear it was alive.

http://static.flickr.com/74/157893303_019d7f2c81_b.jpg

Mmmmmm, Ducati.

No preference. Nothing to base one on.
I ride HD, never been on a Duc.

I remember the poster on the old bike shop wall.....
the Desmodromic valve system. Rocker to open and rocker to close - no valve springs, positive operation at all speeds.
Never saw a reference to ignition timing. Vacuum advance and retard have been around a long time.

Chick magnet? Not only did I never need one, I'm married.
And sorry, Tom, but I never qualified as over weight at 135#.
Mom did say I was a fat baby, though.

jaboyak

Everyone's opinion will differ. It also will depend on who you're trying to impress. If you're in with a bunch of burly bikers, go with a Harley. If you're riding with a bunch of Ducati enthusiasts, get the 999.

If it were me, though, I would go with the Ducati. It is a very refined bike that has been perfected over generations of research and development. It is a BEAUTIFUL piece of machinery.

jaboyak

Everyone's opinion will differ. It also will depend on who you're trying to impress. If you're in with a bunch of burly bikers, go with a Harley. If you're riding with a bunch of Ducati enthusiasts, get the 999.

If it were me, though, I would go with the Ducati. It is a very refined bike that has been perfected over generations of research and development. It is a BEAUTIFUL piece of machinery.