Which is better a Ferrari or a Mercedes?

Nimbus

I have owned both, a Ferrari 348 and a CL500. The big shock with the Ferrari was a £9000 service bill, every 9000 miles, whereas the Mercedes is £1000 every 12,000 miles.

To drive they do not compare, the Mercedes is fine everywhere, the Ferrari was a nighmare in the City, noisy on the motorway and perfection on a country road

Veronica Alicia

Ignoring cost - the Mercedes was always a car with an excellent reputation for engineering and reliability but, unfortunately, this has plummeted in the past couple of years and they appear to have some serious problems.
OK - so you have a loyalty interest in Ferrari, even so, with no vested interest, I would have to vote for Ferrari on reputation if nothing else.

jonman

from my sight of view you can use a ferrari for extreme acceleration and fun but a mercedes dosent give that a lot but it is so cushiony and it is so comfortable to sit in and drive. a business man can use a mercedesbecause he needs rest and a racer or fun lover can use a ferrari. i say this as bots ferrari and mers are good

QuiteNewHere

If course the Ferrari but since
1. I could never afford it
2. If it appeared on my driveway I would be suspected of criminal activities
3. It would not be me ( need lots of space, be high up, not low slung, need lots of cargo space)

A Mercedes would be lovely, thank you very much.