why is my 2003 Chevy cavalier is knocking?

B

bud73_1999

ok, i have asked numerous questions about my car here but here we go again. Me and my father in law took the cover off the engine, only to find alot of sludge. Can this be the cause of all the noise i have. The car knocks all the time, while i am driving, in which it gets faster as i drive faster, and it even makes a steady knocking while it is idling. I was told that the sludge can cause parts to not open properly. I was told a good flush would take care of that noise. Will Slick 50 really work and will that take care of the noise? How many times do i need to flush it out? How long do i run the car with the slick 50 in it? Do i need to take the oil pan off to completely flush it? Of course, it won't if its something mechanical. The noise is coming from where the chain is. Any help will do.

jammer

Rookie
wow a 2003 you should still be covered under drive train with the dealership. if not well sounds like you have some trouble. slick 50 is OK but usually recommend for high mileage, but if i am not mistaken it is used for compression? they make what is called motor honey to help with the knock. my opinion would be to get the motor honey and go to a dealer and trade it in.

I Would have the oil system flushed at a shop. Run a can of BG 44K threw the fuel system. Use a high quality semi-synthetic or fully synthetic oil. I prefer Castrol Syntech for my 2007 Satrun Ion. I used Castrol Synthetic blend in my old car never had a bit of problems.

Sludge can kill an engine. I have torn apart engines where the person was a penzoil person and the engine was full sludge.

I Would have the oil system flushed at a shop. Run a can of BG 44K threw the fuel system. Use a high quality semi-synthetic or fully synthetic oil. I prefer Castrol Syntech for my 2007 Satrun Ion. I used Castrol Synthetic blend in my old car never had a bit of problems.

Sludge can kill an engine. I have torn apart engines where the person was a penzoil person and the engine was full sludge.