2 Questions. What do I need that can be carried on a Hummer and will...?

jjonson50

...at least slow down a high speed chase before the criminal kills someone. Thursday a guy who robbed a bank ran> the cops chased him and he drove deliberatly into another car> Killed the other 24 year old driver and himself. They found a suicide note in his apartment. What is your definition of "stop that crap"? I want to sell my Hummer to the police force.. That is the bottomline.
2. Did the Patriot missles hit anything?

wraeth - PHA

The police aren't going to buy your hummer. They are too expensive and not built for the abuse that you want them to have it for.

Patriot missiles were an air defense system to counteract the Russian made Scud Missiles. Yes they did work.

Oh yeah if you were wanting to put a patriot battery on your hummer, 1. The police have no need for an anti air weapon, and 2. One patriot missile is bigger than your hummer so I don't think it will fit well.

HotDockett

Perhaps a stop stick? Problem is you need to be a policeman to employ. There is a newer technology which uses EM pulses to disrupt a vehicles electronics system, disabling the car.

You many want to rethink selling your Hummer to the police department. I think if they wanted to buy a hummer they have the budget to buy one themselves. A hummer is not going to be much good in a High Speed Chase anyway. They gulp gasoline, and there are no repair parts in the PD's supply system. So you would be adding load to the PD with very little utility. Maybe a better gift will be a UAV of some kind which could follow the suspects vehicle without the suspect knowing he's being followed. Then the police have the option to engage the suspect when less lives are at risk.

As for his suicide note, it sounds as if he was irritated by someone or something bothering him. Maybe, the best way to save lives is to find out what would make someone so irrational and angry with life they would choose to end their lives at the expense of someone else. It sounds to me as if he had a problem with the whole world. Thing is, you really can't stop people from doing things like this, if they are willing to trade in their lives for a chance to lash out. They usually win their objectives.

It saddens me to hear of any lives being lost, including the suicidal bankrobber's. Consider that while this person did rob a bank. What did he take from the bank of any real value? The money? How much of that could have been replaced? It's PAPER for goodness sake! What did he wind up taking? A life! Two lives! Can that EVER be replaced?

Do you think if that 24 year old's family had the choice to buy that person's life back with the money the bank robber took, would they do so? YOU bet your LAST dollar they would.

The only solution I have come up with, is to help make life worth living for everyone. That way people will be less likely to think so little of life, that they are willing to trade it in... For anything.

And yes, usually Patriot missles hit their targets.

HotDockett

Perhaps a stop stick? Problem is you need to be a policeman to employ. There is a newer technology which uses EM pulses to disrupt a vehicles electronics system, disabling the car.

You many want to rethink selling your Hummer to the police department. I think if they wanted to buy a hummer they have the budget to buy one themselves. A hummer is not going to be much good in a High Speed Chase anyway. They gulp gasoline, and there are no repair parts in the PD's supply system. So you would be adding load to the PD with very little utility. Maybe a better gift will be a UAV of some kind which could follow the suspects vehicle without the suspect knowing he's being followed. Then the police have the option to engage the suspect when less lives are at risk.

As for his suicide note, it sounds as if he was irritated by someone or something bothering him. Maybe, the best way to save lives is to find out what would make someone so irrational and angry with life they would choose to end their lives at the expense of someone else. It sounds to me as if he had a problem with the whole world. Thing is, you really can't stop people from doing things like this, if they are willing to trade in their lives for a chance to lash out. They usually win their objectives.

It saddens me to hear of any lives being lost, including the suicidal bankrobber's. Consider that while this person did rob a bank. What did he take from the bank of any real value? The money? How much of that could have been replaced? It's PAPER for goodness sake! What did he wind up taking? A life! Two lives! Can that EVER be replaced?

Do you think if that 24 year old's family had the choice to buy that person's life back with the money the bank robber took, would they do so? YOU bet your LAST dollar they would.

The only solution I have come up with, is to help make life worth living for everyone. That way people will be less likely to think so little of life, that they are willing to trade it in... For anything.

And yes, usually Patriot missles hit their targets.