What is a good car that can be moded later on for racing. Under 13g used.

LaCosaNostra

Mitsubishi? Mustang? Anything? I was looking for a car for Summer only that i can work on after a bit, But still would sacrifice speed and horse power for a better looking car and a better price , Around 200 horse power is plenty and a v8 is to much, v6 at the most, Iv heard about mustang being and bad choice and mistubishis havign low horse power. Any car in the class i describe is great, im open to all cars. Hopefull one around 2002 up. I was thinking about a Chevy Impala.... any help?

blip

Get a 1999 or a 2001 mustang cobra. I got mine for 11,000 bucks. It has a forged engine w/ 6000 miles on it and the recipts to prove it, kooks long tube headers, 4:30 gears w/streight axels, off road x pipe w/magnaflow magna packs and 3 1/2 in tips, short throw shifter, aluminum drive shaft, 03 cobra rims, weld in sub frame connectors, cold air intake and chip. I got a good deal no doubt but if you look around you can find what you want. The type of car is really up to you. Camaro ss, trans ams and firebirds are also great for the amount of money you spend.