1992 buick century startup issues?

madogg87

Okay, yesterday driving my car I had no problem. This morning I drove my car out and was on the road for maybe 5-8minutes and in the middle of traffic the engine cuts out. I pull to the side I try to restart and nothing (full battery) it tries to turn over and it wont. I sat and waited about 35min and it started up again and only ran for 3 min then cut out again. Since then I cant get it to run. I have read all these things with people saying maybe the coil packs or the starter module but I cant confirm and I dont have the money to send it thru any sort of repair for something that might not be wrong with it. If anyone has anything close to a confirmed idea on what wrong PLEASE let me know... as of now my car is still 3 miles from home, im waiting till morning and hoping it will make the 3mile drive. Anything at all will be greatly appreciated.

Superkitten

just some words of comfort for you sorry you are having this problem, been there, I don't know what is wrong, but maybe you should spend the money just to get it checked, it might be worth it to stop the worrying and know that your car is in good condition and you might not get stranded again for a day or so hopefully, I hope someone will answer this for you that knows what to tell you

texasm

Fuel pump
Crankshaft Position Sensor
Camshaft Position Sensor
ECM
BCM
Wiring
Ignition Switch
Ignition Module
Ignition Coils
Broken Timing Chain or Tensioner
Oil Pressure Switch
Oil Pump

You can fork over one diagnosis and buy one of these parts, or you can skip the diagnosis and buy all of these parts and still not fix it. All of these and more will cause the problem you are having.

Superkitten

just some words of comfort for you sorry you are having this problem, been there, I don't know what is wrong, but maybe you should spend the money just to get it checked, it might be worth it to stop the worrying and know that your car is in good condition and you might not get stranded again for a day or so hopefully, I hope someone will answer this for you that knows what to tell you