1993 Lincoln Town car acceleration hesitation?

ryuken

Rookie
Ok usually, when I push down on my gas, it doesn't accelerate very good like a Town Car, or any car should. I have to press it down pretty far to get it to start picking up speed at a very decent pace, and it usually quit going past 80 very good. Occasionly, it would fix itself and accelerate very nicely with no hesitation, but go back to being slow later on.

I recently got a well deserved oil change/filter and new air filter, they were both needing replacing badly, and my car started accelerating with no hesitation, except this time, it didn't go back to being very slow. It's better than it was, but I have noticed again, decreased performance. It's not accelerating as good as it was like when I first changed those things a week ago, though it is faster than before I did.

I'm wondering if there is something else that could be affecting the accelerating hesitation, because I know it's STILL not how it should be. Any parts I should have checked/replaced?

C

cle_0109

Fuel filter.
Spark plugs.
Distributor cap and rotor.
And spark plug wires.
Its all easy unless the fuel filter is a hard place to get to. Mines is right under the passenger door under it. Im lucky. Some are right on the gas tank and very hard to get to.
All those things could help though.
And if it doesn't it still helps the car last longer and perform longer in the long run

C

cle_0109

Fuel filter.
Spark plugs.
Distributor cap and rotor.
And spark plug wires.
Its all easy unless the fuel filter is a hard place to get to. Mines is right under the passenger door under it. Im lucky. Some are right on the gas tank and very hard to get to.
All those things could help though.
And if it doesn't it still helps the car last longer and perform longer in the long run

A

am3rican_spy

gaskets, exhaust could be clogged (catilitic converter). uhhh, not a mechanic but those are some problems.

A

am3rican_spy

gaskets, exhaust could be clogged (catilitic converter). uhhh, not a mechanic but those are some problems.