1995 Buick Century, can you help us out please?

linda

We just returned from a five hour trip to see our daughters and grand babies. Our buick ran fine. But, we pulled into our drive way and turned off the car...unloaded and went inside. My husband noticed lights in back of the car were on. Parking lights...He went out and saw the car was off, but the parking lights were on. We started it, and they would not go off. As you know our lights go on when we start the car, and off when we turn the car off. But why won't they go off now? We have auto start...we disengaged it and still had lights on. We ended up disconecting the battery so it would drain...AND we have to figure this our before we go back to work...Is there any thing we need to do? The alt was just changed a few months ago, and our battery is fairly new. Appreciate any help.....and Merry Christmas To ALL Of You.
Everything else works... and all goes off when the car turns off. ANY questions I will add more detail to this. Please check back and see if you might be able to help us...
There is no headlight switch...The car ALWAYS has lights, and we don't turn them off...So it can'be the switch was left on....
Even when we DO turn the switch off....the lights stay on. And it is parking lights as the brake lights and all the others go off...as I watched.