1996 1.5 (i) DEWOO CIELO STARTING PROBLEMS

I have a 1996 DAEWOO CIELO 1.5 5 SPD, man, live in Melbourne, Australia
anyway recently, i was driving home, when the low oil warning light came on, within aminute or two, the car engine stalled, i was unable to get the car engine to start again, forcing it to be towed home
after thorough checks, i found oil warning sender unit split, i had lost all my engine oil, all over the undercarriage of car, have checked timing belt, engine sieze, possible oil rings broken, no apparent oil on plugs, or visible excess oil burning in exhaust , checked fuses,
engine management, fuel is getting to the injectors, so i ruled out fuel pump fault, or fuel pump relay, no filings in sump, or on dipstick, so i dont think any internal damage, sounds more electrical, when you crank the engine over just sounds dead like no compression, spark, ive checked the ignition modulator
maybe a faulty coil, was told maybe cat/convertor, blocked up, could this model have an engine management system that if it loses excess oil, it shuts down, might be a silly question, im just trying to eliminate possibilities here
at the moment i have brass plug replacing the oil sender switch in the engine block. could this be producing an open curcuit, and shutting the engine down from starting, is there anything else i can do, i was told to do a compression test, but i live miles away, from a town, and i dont have the resources here,
i dont want to start spending money for things that might be able to avoid costs in the long run, this engine has done 170,000 head gasket replaced at 162,000 im the 2nd owner from new, so dont have all its history avaliable
this car has cost me a fortune to maintain, im told you can put a engine from a lanos into a cielo, a 2 litre i think, anyway im lost what to do, i live far from mechanics, and i just hope its something simple, not a blown engine, will never buy a daewoo again

Last edited: