1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL?

sarlha

We have the opportunity to buy a 96 Oldsmobile Ciera SL. It only has 21,950 miles on it. This is actual. This is owned by an elderly couple who only drive it when they are here. They travel. The exterior is in mint condition. No dings, dents, or scratches. The rear seat looks like it was never used, and the front just as nice. The alternator was just replaced, the tires have little wear.

I intend on taking this to our mechanic to look over with a fine tooth comb. But, I am curious as to what it is worth. I am wondering if he is asking to much. Please let me know what you think this should sell for.

Thanks!

firegodess917

thats funny... my boyfriend owns a 96 ciera.... i think at most it would be worth $1000.... but i'm sure you can go look at the kelly blue book to see what they think. its a great car, its a tank really, my bf reciently hit a deer, and the only damage that occoured was the light being smashed. he was rear ended, and his car only got a scratch when the other car was near totaled.... but it sounds like a good buy. i would advise though, watch out for problems with the fuses, electrical problems and the turn signals, as he has had problems with them in the recent past. but other than that, i say go for it!

Bill W

Rookie
If it is as clean as you say it is kbb.com says it is worth 1800 trade in. I wouldnt pay more than 2500 to 2800 for the car.they should get more than trade in for it.

Chrys

Rookie
Oldsmobile no longer exists as a company...be VERY sure where you are going to take it for service and if you can get parts..
If it hasn't been driven much you may have engine problems. ( cars that sit will always have more problems from 'rot' than cars that are driven on the freeway. Anything rubber or plastic will rot/crack/break...the gas tank, oil pan, tranny will not have been lubricated by driving and may leak or crack on you...or just plain STOP.)

I wouldn't pay more than $1500. for a car like that and I'd be careful that they want more, when the car is clearly NOT a good car. ( Olds have problems...thats why they're out of business.)