BMW X5 2001 Car Battery?

Bato B

Rookie
I'm looking for a cheap replacment of my dead battery.Don't wanna go with a dealer's genuine one.Any ideas of brand,dimensions etc?Because i don't know which one will fit.
Thanks in advance!

Any auto parts store will have an interchange that will tell you what size battery your car requires. I always sell the Interstate brand batteries at my shop.

RonniH

I'm assuming you're in New York. Do you have an Auto Zone close by?

You can go online and input the info on your vehicle (i wasn't sure if yours was a 6 or V8), then search for battery. I plugged in the V8 and came up with one for less than $100.

Or, you can call your local store and ask - they can tell you!

Country Boy

Don't let anyone tell you that Walmart's Yellow Maxx Batteries are cheap. The Deka parent company (East Penn Battery Company) in Lyon Station PA. builds the three year free replacement Maxx Batteries for $69.00 ea. Depending on physical size they knock out 850-1000 cold cranking amps. I'm susre you've heard of the new Sears "cough" $185.00 battery. It's made by AC-Delco. All but the Sears Gold batteries are made in Mexico by who knows! The warranty on these batteries is terrible. Innerstate is made by Thompson Controls (USA). Thompson Controls also makes Auto Zone's batteries. Auto Zone batteries have a better warranty than do Innerstate's. Knock on wood I have an Innerstate that's going on 8 yrs. old and it still holds a 80% charge.Consumers Reports rates The Yellow Maxx units from Walmart at the top or near the the top in every battery size.