can i lock a garage from the inside? or can i buy a lock to lock a garage from the

heaven22sb

inside? i'm renting a garage soon to store my art work and do paintings from, can i get a lock to lock the garage from the inside while i'm doing my work. or can't u lock garages from the inside? its a small simple garage.

RIGGS

take a look here mate,one of them ive seen is the garage defender and that looks the buisness,but check out this link it includes internal locks also......http://www.home-security-action.co.uk/garage-door-locks.html

B

**babygrl**

well, you can change the lock that is lockable from inside the garage and then you can lock it while you are working...extra keys come so you can open it from outside :) hope this helps you

Colin M

Rookie
Really depends on what locking system's on the door. On my metal up-and-over, the lock only secures the handle that you turn to open it. Once I've opened the door I can relock it and shut it from the inside. The handle then won't turn so it can't be opened from outside, but I can from the inside by pulling the cable that operates the catches.

You could add extra bolts by bolting them through the door with something like coach-bolts with round heads that can't be turned from the "wrong" side. In fact, I would, considering what you're keeping in there, and use good quality padlocks.

Don't forget to ask your landlord, I'm sure he wouldn't object to you adding extra security to his property.

Realdolby

Rookie
Its quite simple use an Hasp and Stapple and fit a psdlock on it.You can use the top of the door or on the side so as not to damage the door fix the small tounge to it and put the 2 bolts on the outside of the door,these should be around perhaps 1inch long and coach bolts the ones wth the domed heads.The door is not secure without an extra lock on it and can be opened in seconds.

SnoddersB

My garage has the up and over type door and that if locked can be opened from the inside by pulling the wire that connects the handle, which locks, to the latch. The simplest way to stop the door being opened when you are inside is to fit a bolt to the door or the jamb on the inside to prevent the door moving.