Changing my Ford Focus for a VW Passat or a Vauxhall Vectra.?

jamesawild

I have a Ford Focus which I have been very happy with. Now the time has come for a change. what do I get? Another Focus or a VW Passat or a Vauxhall? Or something else in a similar price range (for a one or two year old vehicle). What's your opinion or experience?

tam c

Take a look at the Toyota Avensis.Very reliable ,great design,very spacious and fantastic build quality.
Had a Carina e 2.0 TD for 9 years and was a great car.
Have changed to an Avensis 2.0 TD D4D,i would highly recommend it.
Good luck.

Mark B

Rookie
I'm another skoda fan. Recent vauxhalls have been plagued with problems.

You could get a top of the range superb for same money as base mpdel passat. its an excellent car as is the octavia.

stephen w

I would personally go for the passat.You know you are getting the best German engineering and build quality.It's a lovely looking car with a very luxurious cabin.
A friend of mine has the Vauxhall vectra and they still have alot of problems with there electrics and sensors etc.
OR if you have had trouble free motoring and you like the focus,then sometimes its better the devil you know.

edgarl

Don't laugh at an old motor trade insider. I would definitely also look at the Skoda Octavia, which is exceptional value and relatively cheap to run. Then pick which one you are comfortable with. People just do not seem to realise that once you have weeded out the bad buys personal preference is very important. I have known people agonise over brochures, only for all doubts to disappear after road tests. If you want to compare overall runnung costs in detail, the leasing company figures in the 'What Car' magazine tables provide a reliable comparison.

charliewoowoo25

VW passat is great..our diesel is now 2 yrs old and has been brilliant...its diesel and does 65mpg when driven with a bit of consideration...its very comfortable and smooth and although a bit more expensive it holds its value very well.

kentkev

my bro has a focus,which in my opinion is quite a good car,i am a vw fan as the build quality is superior to your other choices,golf maybe,nah passat,you wont go wrong,good luck

Susan T

I would stay with the Focus. VW is great but more expensive to run. Ford are one of the least expensive cars to maintain and give lots of good bits for the money.