Freddie Mercury?

Le SHARK

I was having this conversation with friends, there are lots of People today with HIV-AIDS who with drugs can lead a normal life. Seeing as AIDS killed Freddie Mercury within four years of having the disease, how long was it after Freddie Mercury died that these drugs became available? I have always thought that if Freddie had been given these drugs in time would he still be with us?

pollbee

I loved freddie,mercury,he was an icon,i was just watching him the other day in concert and the tears just flowed,god rest him,and let his music live on.

phynyx

Freddie died 15 years ago. HIV/AIDS was still quite unknown then and drugs were still in the testing stages. Freddie also was ill for quite a while before he found out what was wrong.
The what ifs won't help, but at least sufferers are surviving longer these days.

specialk

They did have them. His aids just progressed so far that it was to late for him. It too him a long time to come out as a gay man, he new he was sick it was jut something he wanted to put behind him and live the rest of his life to its fullest. Those medications drive you down even though they may help you. His lover died from aids! It is a hard thing to get over and live with as well.

robbief1999

Freddie Mercury died on November 24th 1991. While the drugs that started saving lives were around individually at the time, it wasn't until someone came up with the idea of taking them all at the same time in a sort of "cocktail" (and after clinical trials on these drug combinations had been conducted) that they were revealed to the public in September 1995, so Freddie was many years away from getting them.

I feel sorriest for Kenny Everett, who was a good friend of Freddie Mercury's. Kenny died of AIDS in April 1995, just 5 months before the drugs came along that could have saved his life.

gemo

Freddie Mercury didnt announce he had AIDS until he was nearly dead. Back then is when AIDS was a huge newfound problem and nobody knew much about it!! I was also wondering are there any lyrics in his songs that give you clues about his illness? or are they just coincedence?