Has anyone ridden the new BMW R1200GS? Were you as impressed as I was?

Compared to my Harley it has nowhere near the coolness, but what a machine. I have a relative that has 4 bmw bikes, this one being his latest purchase. 1200cc and dual purpose - it rides so much better than my Harley that I might need to get one. I don't know if I'd want to be seen on one though - you can't really wear the excellent Harley leather when riding a BMW and I think I'd look goofy on one. Its going to be hard going back to riding my HOG after riding the BMW. Anyone have a similar problem?

ROBERT G

Rookie
what did you think... you have a Harley that produces like 75 horsepower. almost every bike maker available has more horsepower than that including my lawnmower, weed eater, go cart, bicycle and po go stick . hahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Clutch

If you start riding a BMW, your problem will be a shrinking weiner, not looking cool. Good luck with that!

Bryan W

People don't pay attention to who or what your riding as much as you would like to think they were. Just ride what you like and enjoy.

digitaldave56

I have a 2005 Gs1200 and have put 24000. miles on it so far.Lots of traveling on and off road.I love it and have no plans to part with it. One of the many great things i like about it is while heading down the road you see this cool looking dirt road and can ride it also. BMW has some nice clothing like HD and it is very hi tech. So i say ride what you want to ride ,not what you think looks cool.One last thing,,,it would be a boring life if everyone drove the same thing.

CafeTBird

Rookie
You are right - the only problem is that I will have to start eating caviar fish eggs, join the country club, buy a Mercedes or Lexus for a cage, and start playing golf. I don't like wine very much, and all the Beemer clubs seem to want to do around here is ride to wine tasting events, and attend operas.

Nope, I'll stick you wrenching my Triumphs, hanging out in pubs drinking beer with my mates, and listening to rockabilly. ;-)

HD Rider

I can't believe any true American born Harley rider would ever even think of buying a BMW bike. I have always thought that HD William was a a poser who could never handle the massive power of a Harley V-Twin. Now when he is even considering buying a bike from the company that makes chick cars like the 318i Cabrio I know he is either a poser or just retarded.