Have you ever gotten a rash from Harley Davidson chaps?

It was a real nice weekend here in northern california and my buddy and I took my bikes out (me on the Road King - him on my soft tail). It was so warm that I wore shorts, but I still wanted to be protected so I wore my HD chaps over my shorts. On the way back from wine country my inner thighs started to itch really bad and theres still some redness and itching. Part of me thinks it may have been a reaction to the foie gras we had with our picnic lunch, but I'm thinking its more likely to be a reaction to the leather and maybe some of the weird 3rd world chemicals they use - I'm pretty sure they were made in china. Anyone ever have a similar reaction to Harley leather?

M

mental_absence

Since when has china been a 3rd world country?
They are going to over power America within the next 20 years.

BabeHeart

I have not but you may be right in that some treatment or dye on the leather may have caused an allergic reaction. Those particular chaps may be ones you'll only want to wear over pants in the future.

Hope the rash heals quickly. Do some research online and see if you can find messages boards where people have posted about a similar issue with chaps (HD or not).