holy piston!

twancsi

Rookie
okay i found out why there was no compression in my left cylinder of my 1972 CB 360. the previous owner overheated the engine and it left a hole in a piston!

i couldnt believe it myself. but now i all i have to do is take a piston out of my other "parted" out engine. But on the piston from the parts engine says:
^ and the one with the hole says: ^
12 8

what does the number with the arrow above it mean?

-Ice-

that's thing I noticed on my friend's piston... and we can't figure it out what that number means... I guess it's about the size? or maybe the brand number? or manufacturing date? :(

twancsi

Rookie
that's thing I noticed on my friend's piston... and we can't figure it out what that number means... I guess it's about the size? or maybe the brand number? or manufacturing date? :(
so this happend to your friend's piston too?
but the pistons are the exact same in size

twancsi

Rookie
What now?? What happened to the piston?? What brand of car is that anyway??
it is a 1972 honda cb 360 motorcycle
i believe the cause was pre-detination. and seeing that the points where rusted, i bought a new set of points and waiting to get the new piston in the mail to start it up again.

that's thing I noticed on my friend's piston... and we can't figure it out what that number means... I guess it's about the size? or maybe the brand number? or manufacturing date?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tummy Tuck
jewellery box