Honda Civic vs. Hyundai Elantra

I'm considering a second car. It's between Hyundai
and Honda. I know that Honda is more reliable but
Hyundai has a better warrenty. I need help.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at 2008 Elantra vs 2009 civic. The Elantra due to an Oct. promotional deal is about 3,000 cheaper.I'm a little concerned that the Hyundai dealer has about 40 Elantras while the Honda dealer has only a few civics.I have 2 old Saturns that are about to die and not much money.

I'm considering a second car. It's between Hyundai
and Honda. I know that Honda is more reliable but
Hyundai has a better warrenty. I need help.

Steve

I am looking at 2008 Elantra vs 2009 civic. The Elantra due to an Oct. promotional deal is about 3,000 cheaper.I'm a little concerned that the Hyundai dealer has about 40 Elantras while the Honda dealer has only a few civics.I have 2 old Saturns that are about to die and not much money.
http://www.forexnos.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

anisplas

Rookie
Don't go to the warrenty. Because we think we will secure for long warrenty. But sometime we have to suffer for this. You should think about the best reputation. Honda is better than hyundai.

Auto

Rookie
The Honda has a much better resale value. You should buy which one you like better because the money you save on the Hyundai you will probably lose on resale. Also, you might want to read the fine print (oil changes, etc) to keep the warranty intact, you never know. Best of luck.

Blayze

Rookie
you must buy the car which is more reliable which gives you more comfort and in my opinion you must stick to Honda civic fully loaded model because it contains more features and style interior as well as exterior or mostly you can confirm it to both the showroom of the brand. hope my views will help you out in deciding which car to buy...

shivam7

Rookie
Well the Elantra hows I belive someone stated 20 more hp but 200 pounds of weight more then the Civic. If we used the racing math here.
100pounds of weight remove= is a tenth of a second faster. So 200lbs added is two tenths of a second slower

100hp=to a second faster. 20hp more will be two tenths faster

ok so 20hp two tenths faster - 200lbs two tenths slower=0 over the Civic

Ok so he we go it depends on the traction and driver.

Model EX has Vtec and should be launch at around 4-6,ooo RPMS(on the streets). If he is able to get instant traction then no thought he will win. Since he is stock I am amsuming that his tires are too. The Vtec motors are ment to rev high so his shift should be in the higher RPM range.