How do I disable my car alarm 1996 Nissan Maxima?

Sarah Poke

Factory alarm. Keyless entry works but key wont start car. When I stick my key in, all the interior lights go out and then the key fob no longer can lock/unlock the doors. Then to make it work again, I have to d/c the battery, wait over night, then connect the batery. I've tried locking and unlocking with the key fob, get in car, close the doors, and then try to start the car, but everytime the immobiliser kicks in, and theunlock/lock doesnt work on my key fob or the drivers door buttons. They just make a lot of clicking noises, while the alarm LED goes crazy. I tried taking out the relay and the fuse in the engine compartment boxes, but it doesnt help. I guess the kill switch is on. I dont know how to turn it off or bypass it.

I thought about reprogramming my key but not sure if that would work. Would resetting the ECU do anything?

Tony

Rookie
Try taking out the fuse that might work but might disable some other functions. safest bet is taking it to the mechanic. try also restarting your car by turning the switch on but not all the the just before it cranks then disconect the battery for 3 minutes, reconect it and try turning it on again

hungtdao

Rookie
I have had an exact the same problem like Sarah. First, I jump the cable from another car. Before start, I activate/deactivate the key alarm (lock/unlock) then easily insert the key to start. Then I know my battery was dead since after I let it run about 15 minutes, I have had a same problem again. Buy a new battery then the problem has been solved.